Sock of the Day, or at least every couple of days Blog :)

Friday, July 2, 2010

Sock of the Day: Friday July 2nd

Lions and tigers and bears (and zebras and leopards and snakeskin OH MY!)

If you're like me, you grew up thinking that animal prints were for women from New York and New Jersey, not for anyone under the age of about 40, and to be worn rowr ROWR tight across miles and acres of cleavage with bright BRIGHT red lipstick and long fire engine red nails, and pumps with heels that started at four inches and ended in OUCH.

But if you're really like me, you also secretly in your heart of hearts wanted to rock out with the animal prints.

Because while those ladies weren't often seen on the Main Line in their Talbots' cardigans and pearls, they looked like the had a heck of a lot of fun.

I haven't hit 40 just yet and red nails and lips don't quite suit me, but I find the socks and stockings I buy from our shop heavily weighted in the animal print category.
HEAVILY.

I'd like to introduce you to my new favorite pair of summer weight Celeste stein ankle socks in leopard.
I wear them with ridiculously high heeled open toed boots in a creamy suede and my go-to black ankle boots with just a hint of the ROWR peeping out.

In just a couple of years, I'll go find a tight top to match and reconsider red.
For now, this little one point works for me.

Stay socksy!

Leopard Print ankles socks here

No comments:

Post a Comment