Sock of the Day, or at least every couple of days Blog :)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

This little piggie went to Paso Robles (also known as: Japanese toe socks gone wild)

So I said I took a work detour to go on our annual "tour around gorgeous Mid-Cal with friends and drink lovely wines", right?

And I promised you more photos of cool japanese socks that aren't quite up on the sock shop but should be soon, right?

I HAVE THEM! Woo~~~~
(The sock photos, not the items up on the site... Yet.. Any day now my pretties, any day now..)

I know you all know "Hello Kitty". We do actually have "Hello Kitty" socks, but they're actually from a great place called "Loungefly" here in local California. Um, Lo-Cal?
That sounds wrong.
But in case you wanted to see them, the Hello Kitties and Smurphs and Evil Mushrooms are here.

I've veered violently off track.
Oh yes.
Most people might think "Hello Kitty" when they think Japan, but that's so '08.
I went out and got exclusive "Hello Piggy" toe socks for you to maybe scoff and ward off the evils of swine flu or "Hamthrax" as it is now known to us. (Thank you for that one Danielle.)

So here are the little piggies, in their full glory.




This Japanese toe sock series also has a love cat (perhaps a nod to The Cure?) and rather inexplicably a a hungry panda who eats, shoots, and leaves perhaps..

Except he's not armed, he's toed. Left and right, two sides, these toe socks are actually pretty awesome.

~Sock Diva L

No comments:

Post a Comment